Friday, September 12, 2008

September 10, 2008 Men's Soccer

Today was my first on with my internship with Kirbie Britt. I was so nervous that I was walking very slowly toward the job site. When I arrived I walked into the small office behind the soccer field and I was greeted by Kirbie and other employees. I sat down in a seat and was handed a time/score keeper papers. I was to work the time and score board. I read over the papers several times and was hoping I didn't screw up on anything. I had to set the time for 45 minutes of game play. If a goal was scored I had to stop the clock and award a point to the team that scored. All was done on a electronic board in front of me. Push a button to stop or resume time and pushed another to add a point. It was an easy duty but nerve recking because I was so new to this field. I plan to work another soccer game this coming up Saturday. I do not know if my job duties will be different or the same. I'll find out on Saturday.

No comments: